Buffed this body out today. Plan is to have it done by next Sunday.
Also went garage saling yesterday and picked this little cabinet up for $10. It needs a refinish so today I sanded it down and refinished it with a dark water based finish. Came out great for under $30.
Oil is going on this neck.
This Gibson neck is a refinish project, kind of an audition piece for a big local shop who needs a finish guy.
Daniel’s fretboard is glued on.
Hal’s top is glued on.
Put the last coats of lacquer on this body today.
This body is finished, and it’s neck isn’t far behind.
This body is also finished.
Body above sanded to 320grit before coats this morning.
Stayed late tonight and got the fret work done on this one.
This neck is done with finish.
Buffed both of these, but had to do some minor touch up work on them, so they will both be done on Tuesday.
First of all, my first bridge order from Technology 4 Musicians is done. These will be on the way here shortly.
Been moving into the new shop today. Here’s the CNC router I will have access to. So excited. More after the break!
Read more ›
Glued the body wings on Hal’s build, and rough cut the top. Moving along quite well.
Bound Daniel’s fretboard.
Short work day today since I have class tonight.
Hal’s neck blank is taking shape.
Here’s the first neck with the new headstock.
Started Hal’s build in earnest. Neck through blank if glued up, quilted maple top as well, and I started shaping the mahogany body wings.
Routed the truss rod route on this neck, and tapered the neck.
Winter is coming…
Love the way this finish is coming out, this is one of the best examples so far.
Also glued up the neck blank for the white build.
Started finish on this RG550 neck (rosewood fretboard). The neck is going on the orange RG565 style body I finished a while back.
Also started finish on Jerry’s headless neck, man that roasted maple looks awesome.
Got some hardware in today for a build good Mr. Hal Sinden of Talanas. Check them out if you haven’t, awesome stuff. They have a few videos up on YouTube.
Did more work on the new headstock shape, making physical templates for it. Also put it next to an Ibanez headstock for comparison.
Got this project in white sealer and pore filled.